Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I think I'm getting off Weight Watchers.

As scary as the world of dieting alone might seem, I'm not sure their plan is ever going to work for me.

I've tried, believe me I have. And some weeks, I did lose weight. I'm sure this program works splendidly for some people. I just think I'm ready to try seriously policing my diet on my own. I can't rely on other people to keep me accountable all the time.

Ugh, we'll see. I haven't even canceled my monthly pass subscriptions yet, which means they'll keep charging me until I do. Maybe I'll go to another meeting and see how I feel. I missed last week and then had to work yesterday, so I'm feeling very "off track".

I was, however, sick the last four or five days with a stomach virus and managed to lose six pounds. How much of that will stay off, who knows, but hopefully some of it. It's back to the workout grind tomorrow, though. I'm going to get my bicycle tuned up--it was 70 degrees out today and I was devastated that I hadn't already done that so I could ride.

The upside to this whole confusing dieting issue is that I have actually trained myself to crave vegetables, something I NEVER thought would happen. Maybe my body really does know what's best for it after all. Now if I could just manage to listen closely all the time.

I hope everyone had a wonderful week.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hey I didn't really like weight watchers either. I found the meetings to be unmotivating, and there was no one there who I could relate to. So now I'm taking a break from dieting all together cause I'm tired of beating myself up and I need to get the rest of my life in order first! But you seem to be on the right track, and I hope the best!

P.S. - getting another tattoo used to be one of my weight loss goals!

Kelley said...

I am new to your site...found you through Diet Coke and Zingers. I struggled with WW for the first 6 weeks or so (losing or gaining small amounts each week). But, then, I seemed to have gotten into a "groove" and the losing has been steady and above what is considered the "norm" (2 pound per week weight loss). I know it's not for everyone and I, myself, considered something different but am so glad I stuck it out.

Emmett said...

Never done weight watchers but I found something else that works Great!