Thursday, March 6, 2008

Looking up.

I did well today. I feel more stable.

And to that comment about me needing therapy-- yes, I am in therapy, but this is my blog and I feel free to write about anything I want to, as I should. I had a moment of crisis and in order to work through it, I wrote it down. And you know what? I felt a whole lot better after doing so. My last post was the first time I had ever actually WRITTEN DOWN any of those things that I felt. I did not ask anyone reading it to be my therapist or to believe I am normal or sane or more importantly, to think my emotions are founded or unfounded. I struggle between issues with my father and my weight everyday and "get a grip" doesn't really do much to alleviate that. So thank you for your concern, is what I meant to say.

Ok, enough negative energy.

I went spinning last night for the first time in three months and it was HARDCORE. The instructor was a maniac, no warm-up, no cool-down and NO breaks. But I kinda liked it. Actually, I really liked it. For any of you who have seen the latest season of the Biggest Loser, I always said I wanted a personal trainer like Jillian--someone who would yell and scream and kick my ass. And that's exactly what this guy did. Now, I know that sort of "encouragement" isn't for everyone, but I swear I work ten times harder and longer when they yell and scream. And it wasn't all screaming, he's a singer too--yelling out lines to songs in the middle of a hard climb. It was entertaining and motivating at the same time.

Also, I have been meaning to discuss the importance of the ever perfect food: the banana. I honestly think monkeys may have it right. There are days when I eat bananas like they are going out of style. I'll eat one as soon as I wake up, after a run, after dinner as dessert, or just as an easy snack while running errands so I'm not tempted to do a Starbucks run (mmmm... blueberry coffee cake). Bananas are portable, filled with potassium (no charlie horses for me!) and quite possibly the most delicious fruit out there--granted, this is only my opinion, but come on, bananas are pretty damn tasty, right? Right?

I have a friend who varies between being a vegan and a raw-foodist. For those of you who don't know what "raw-food" diet is, well it's pretty self-explanatory--you just don't eat anything that has been cooked. She will eat a lot of fruit, natural fats like avocado and so many vegetables she had to start growing her own. :) Now, while I think that some of her dietary habits are a little extreme, I DO think that fruits and vegetables play a LARGE role in a healthy diet. I, personally, would be happy eating fruit all day long, every day. My head, however, craves refined sugar and my muscles crave protein from all the running. So I give them what they need, more protein than refined sugar obviously (I won't say I've had a perfect day unless I've had NO refined sugar that day--this includes bread), but fruit is really my first love.

And THEN, I found people on the internet who agree. What a surprise, right? They are called "fruitarians"- Crazy Banana People

They are indeed a little batty, but they might have some good points.

That is all, I hope everyone has a lovely evening...

6 comments:

Diana Swallow said...

Don't take the people who make negative comments too seriously, I get people all of the time who want to make nasty little comments about what I've said. We just tell them, its our blog, we can write what we want.

Great job getting in the hard core spinning class, its so worth it!! I always feel so good after exercise.

I do agree about the raw foods. Fruits and veggies have a big place in my diet but they aren't the only things. It would get boring really fast if they were.

Fat Angie said...

I love bananas. Unfortunately, I'm allergic and can only eat them if I have benedryl handy. :(

Fairy Princess said...

If our sanity was judged by all of our blogs we'd ALL be in the looney bin! That's the point about blogging. I mean this is where you can be manic and crazy...hash out your self hatred...love yourself when you are successful, pretty much good for every extreme you don't/can't express in real life. So blog on with your crazy self sister!

Bananas...I am bananas about bananas! I have one on my desk right now just waiting for it's turn in my belly!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Ohh I love bananas too.. but they block me up.... no good when ya trying to lose weight!!!
They give me acid reflux too...
Damn... Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!!!

Lorrie said...

Hoorah for the spinning! While I do enjoy meat and cooked food, I really believe that organic/uncooked fruits and vegetables are the best for us :)

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

I share your banana love (which sounds a bit dirty, no?). And don't those raw-food/fruitarians get really bad gas? I don't know if I could deal with that.